Travel Safety Tips for Colorado Drivers
We want you to stay safe when traveling on the road, no matter what the distance. The short trip to the grocery store or the long trip to visit family, we want to make sure that you and your family’s safety is the first priority.
Travel Safety Tips:
- Always be aware of your surroundings, even when driving on the road you are familiar with.
- Make sure before long road trips you have your vehicle checked for fluid levels, tires, belts, and the battery.
- Always have a spare tire that is in working condition and all equipment necessary to change a tire.
- Remember to wear your safety belt in any moving vehicle.
- Make sure that you have stored in your vehicle safety equipment, such as a flashlight, blanket, first aid kit. water, snack bars, and outdoor emergency kit.
- Remember that parked car temperatures can reach up to 120 degrees in the summer heat and sun.
- Never leave small children or pets unattended in vehicles.
- Make sure you map out your plans before you start on an extended road trip.
- Remember not to over pack the vehicle or block your full vision when driving.
- When traveling, consider using cash alternatives, such as credit cards, and/or traveler’s checks.
- Try to always travel with a partner on extended road trips.