Before we repair your car, we get to know it!
Our FREE performance check consists of a fluid check, road test, pan examination and lift inspection/diagnosis. This provides a complete diagnosis of your car’s transmission performance and general operation.
The fluid check is generally the first indicator of possible transmission wear and damage. A transmission in good condition will have a clear, red fluid. If there is an unpleasant odor or discoloration in combination with other symptoms, your transmission may require an internal inspection. During our inspection of your fluid, we will determine if any of these symptoms appear.
The road teat is made up of 2 parts: a stationary test and a driving test. During these two tests, your transmission is checked for slipping noises, harsh/soft or erratic shifting, as well as late or early shift patterns.
The pan examination can be a great indicator of potential problems because it allows a partial look inside the transmission. All pans have some metal particles; however, excessive amounts of metal indicate internal wear and damage to the transmission.
This stop will help determine what type of adjustment, repair or replacement may be needed. During a lift inspection, one of our technicians will check the following:
- Neutral Switch
- Transmission Mounts
- Throttle Linkage
- Manual Linkage
- Fluid Retention
- Electronic Components
- Modulator Vacuum
When the results of your performance check show that there is an internal problem with your transmission, we recommend further investigation with an internal inspection of your transmission. This inspection consists of the removal of your transmission and disassembly of the unit in order to view all internal parts. During this inspection, all parts will be examined for wear and damage. When the inspection is completed, one of our technicians will provide you with a report of those items that are in need of either repair or replacement, along with an estimate for those services.
6 Recommendations after a performance check:
- No transmission problem. The Performance check indicated at this time no repair or adjustment is needed.
- Preventive Maintenance Service. This service helps to prevent transmission trouble before it starts. Our technicians will replace your vehicle’s transmission fluid and filter if applicable.
- External Adjustment/Repair. This service includes any repairs to the exterior of the transmission that does not involve the removal of the transmission.
- Reseal Service. This requires the removal of the transmission to replace all leaking external seals in your vehicle’s transmission. We perform this service after inspection of the transmission. It is designed to repair leaking transmissions, which have no other internal problems.
- Internal Inspection Services. Our technicians will completely and thoroughly evaluate all internal components of your vehicle’s transmission. We perform this service if the Performance Check indicates you have an internal transmission problem. We remove the transmission, disassemble and check all internal parts of the transmission for wear and tear. Our technician upon your approval will replace only those necessary parts with parts meeting OEM specifications to give your transmission the ability to obtain optimal performance. Finally, after any work is completed the transmission is reinstalled into the vehicle.
- Once your vehicle has undergone our Performance Check and you have received an expert service from our trained technicians you can rest assured that your vehicle is Road Ready.
Did we mention… it’s FREE!
Give us a call at 303-840-6400 today. Peace of mind is priceless when it comes to knowing your car is working right.